As we get ready to return to international patients coming to Barbados for IVF treatment, we have put in place some changes to ensure the safety for the patients and staff:
- Limitation of the number of persons simultaneously present in the centre with our waiting room seating area spaced for social distancing. The three waiting rooms will be utilized to minimize patient to patient contact.
- Masks are required by all patients entering the clinic. Without a mask, you will not be granted access to Seaston House for treatment.
- Temperatures will be taken on all patients entering clinic.
- COVID-19 questionnaire will be asked of all staff and patients.
- All staff will be expected to wear appropriate PPE (e.g facemasks) when in direct contact with a patient. Gloves will be worn when carrying out a procedure on a patient.
- Restriction of access for partners and accompanying persons. Only the patient receiving care is encourage into the office and/waiting room.
- Partners will be allowed in discussions with the medical team but will not be allowed into the ultrasound room or operating theatre. During in office consultations patients may be allowed to or audio/ video call their partners.
- Management of appointments according to specific timetables, also for scans and blood tests and consultations. Appointment scheduling will also allow for appropriate sanitization of work areas after each patient encounter.
- Staff will be responsible for sanitizing any area of use prior to and after patient interaction.
- No patient or staff should be put at risk due to the inaction of another staff member.
- Follow-up of patients three weeks after oocyte retrieval and/or embryo transfer, in order to identify potential COVID-19 positive patients and implement necessary measures (i.e. contact tracing and sanitation).
We look forward to seeing you again and want to ensure you that we are doing everything we can to ensure your treatment with us is as safe and successful as possible.
In Conversation with Dr. Juliet Skinner and Anna Hosford: The Story of How Barbados Fertility Centre (BFC) Began
A conversation with Dr. Juliet Skinner and Anna Hosford, co-founders of the JCI...